Retirement Planning – Essential For a Successful Retirement.
Welcome to Successful-Retirement.com and thank's for visiting us.
The key to a successful retirement is good retirement planning plus some good luck ... or lots of money.
So, if you don't have lots of money, and who knows about the luck, you are left with two options:
- A life that you choose or ...
- One that chooses you.
If you don't make your own retirement plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you?
Planning is NOT something you should be starting as you near retirement ... by then you will certainly be running out of options. If you happen to be one of the many baby boomers in this situation, you are most probably starting to feel some anxiety.
Ideally you should start your planning from the time you start working ... your work exit strategy! The earlier you start, the better chance you have for success.
Whatever your age, if you haven't started yet, my best advice is … start now. It is never too late (or too early for the younger people) to make a start.
What is retirement planning?
Planning for a successful retirement is NOT just about financial planning. But should include a lot of important retirement questions like:
It is a comprehensive plan for your life in retirement.
Although some of these questions are quite easy to answer, most have some devil in the detail. Added to that there is the unknown and uncertain future.
Why do you need to do retirement planning?
In most cases, retirement will be a very demanding and tough time for retirees as the world enters an unprecedented period in our world history.
In America alone, every minute from now until 2024, 7 people will turn 50 ... a total of nearly 80 million people.
Most of us face a very uncertain financial future and a retirement lifestyle we never considered. Having the odd angst and sleepless hour fretting about our fast approaching retirement!
If you are feeling tense and uneasy about the future. If you are truly serious about being in control of your own retirement destiny ... then one solution is to start your retirement planning process today.
Without making adequate provision your retirement lifestyle may have to depend on the generosity of others ... either your children, your relatives or friends, or government handouts.
Or you may be destined to live a degraded lifestyle in your later years.
Plans are nothing; planning is everything. Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Wow! All this sounds quite scary! With all the turmoil and uncertainty around, there is reason enough to forget about all this stuff ... live for today ... and just let the future take care of itself!
But, back to reality.
Retirement planning is not a "one off" exercise.
The success of your retirement will depend on you making this a living, ongoing process. One which is flexible and takes into account changes in your personal life or circumstances.
Planning for your retirement will make you one of a very small minority of retirees who actually take control of their destiny.
Wouldn't you like to be one of them?
In a study of Harvard Business School MBA graduates from 1979, researchers found that ten years after graduation, the three percent who had written goals were making 10 times as much money as the other 97 percent combined.
Other studies over the years have produced similar findings.
People who write down their goals are more successful.
So as you start thinking about retirement planning I hope that you'll find some useful ideas, inspiration, challenges and advice in this site to help you make your dreams a reality.
I will regularly be adding new pages of retirement ideas and suggestions. I hope you will stop back often and please send me your comments and suggestions.
To assist you find your way around, or to find a specific page you're looking for, please use the Site Map link in the Navigation Bar the left of the screen or the Table of Contents below
- Successful Retirement Planning Blog
- The Retirement Planning Blog will keep you up to date with all the additions and changes to the Successful-Retirement.com web site and also other interesting retirement news and views that I find.
- 10 Best Places to Retire - 4 Things to do Before Choosing Yours
- 4 Important Basic Things you Must Consider Before Looking for Your 10 Best Places To Retire. Build your Retirement on a Solid Foundation.
- 10 Best Places to Retire - The World is Your Oyster
- 10 Best Places to Retire. Somewhere out there is your own paradise.
- Active Adult Retirement Living – the best retirement
- Active Adult Retirement Living – health, wealth and a great retirement
- Active Senior Communities - indulge your dreams
- Active Senior Communities - no limits enjoyment of an active lifestyle in a luxurious exclusive upmarket estate.
- Baby Boomer Retirement – a demographic time bomb?
- The Baby Boomer Retirement - what will be the consequences when the mass start retiring?
- Baby Boomers And Retirement Are Arriving Like A Tsunami
- Baby boomers and retirement are going to present the world's systems with many challenges with the impact and aftermath being felt for the next few generations
- Baby Boomer Statistics – a fascinating demographic
- Baby Boomer Statistics – the consensus is that these will present a unique and looming challenge
- Best Cities to Retire - there's one for everyone
- Best Cities to Retire - the competition is intense as more and more cities eye this prosperous growing market
- Best State to Retire – a thinker's guide
- Best State to Retire – complete your own assessment and find the best place for you
- Cardio Exercise for Seniors - Focussing on Endurance
- Exercise for Seniors - Cardio or Endurance is One of the Four Pillars of Fitness
- Cheap Places to Retire - 10 Exciting Options
- Cheap Places to Retire - from South America, Africa, Europe and Asia. All offering something different.
- Cheapest Places to Retire - affordable nirvana
- Cheapest Places to Retire - in beautiful and exotic locations
- Deciding to Retire - what are we really deciding?
- Deciding to Retire - it is a very easy decision when you know what you are deciding
- Early Retirement Planning - two very different options
- Early Retirement Planning - whether you are planning to retire early or start planning your retirement early you will be improving your chances of success.
- Games for Senior Citizens - let the fun begin
- Games for Senior Citizens - exploded by the internet. All the traditional games available online plus many, many more
- How Much Money to Retire – an interesting challenge
- How Much Money to Retire – answering probably the most important question asked by retirees
- How Much Money to Retire? What if you're thinking that you'll never have enough!
- People are fascinated by the question of how much money to retire. However for many of them the answer may come as a rude shock as they may never have enough.
- How Much to Retire – a simple rule of thumb
- How Much to Retire – depends on so many factors but it's useful to have a target to aim for
- How to Retire Early - simple lifestyle or lots of money!
- How to Retire Early - raises some interesting questions about how you understand retirement and how you plan to spend these years
- Investing for Retirement - Are Your Efforts Being Destroyed By Costs?
- Investing for retirement may be a futile mission as research has shown that advisors, product providers and asset managers are the ones who are getting the cake share while you get the crumbs
- Planning a Retirement Party - special occasion for a special person
- Planning a Retirement Party - make it unique and memorable. It's a once in a life time occasion
- Left your Retirement Planning Late? Don't Stress!
- Whenever you start your retirement planning there are simple steps to follow and some ways out if you've left it late
- Medicare Advantage - A Step in the Right Direction
- Medicare Advantage - Medicare Must Meet the Needs of a Growing Aging Population.
- Planning for Retirement - 5 Useful Tips
- Planning for Retirement requires lots of thought and careful consideration. Consider all the options and make your plan
- Planning When To Retire? – Get a Healthy Retirement Frame of Mind
- The key in deciding when to retire is to have a healthy and positive view about retirement and understanding what you think it will mean to you.
- Retire Cheap – sovereign living on a budget
- Retire cheap but enjoy a life of abundance
- Retiring in Belize - a friendly, convenient Caribbean paradise
- Retiring in Belize - attractive tropical Caribbean option for English speaking retirees
- Retire in Central America – many attractive options
- Retire in Central America – the place to look for low cost, laid back retirement living
- Retire in Europe – a life rich with culture and style
- Retire in Europe – slip into a laid back life surrounded by culture, history, variety and style
- Retire in Ireland – the land of music, laughter and character
- Retire in Ireland - a brief retirement guide to a dream location. A country that has something for everyone.
- Retire in Spain – an exotic choice in Europe
- Retire in Spain: a first class retirement destination with great cuisine, beaches, cultural events and historic cities
- Retire Offshore – extravagant or cheap
- Retire Offshore for a new beginning to an exciting and challenging retirement.
- Retire Overseas - 9 Reasons and 3 Easy Steps
- 9 Great Reasons Why You Should Retire Overseas to a World Full of Exciting Opportunities and Adventures
- Retire to New Zealand - one of the finest choices
- Retire to New Zealand - undoubtedly one of the best retirement options. Laid back, stress free, outdoor lifestyle in a beautiful and healthy environment.
- Retiree Jobs - take your talent and use it
- Retiree Jobs - employed through necessity or choice there's an opportunity for a new start
- Retiring In Thailand - Amazing Value, Amazing Thailand
- Retiring In Thailand - a kingdom blessed with gracious people and stunning natural beauty
- Retiring to Canada - a relocation with no sacrifices
- Retiring to Canada - a popular retirement destination for the discerning retiree. The warm welcome a perfect foil for the chilly weather
- Retiring to Costa Rica - for the complete retirement package
- Retiring to Costa Rica - with so many benefits and opportunities and it's not the expensive South American choice
- Retirement Advice - the right help for your retirement
- Retirement Advice - get a clear understanding of what retirement means to you and we'll provide the advice you need
- Retirement and Tax Planning - Both Challenging and Testing Tasks
- Retirement and Tax Planning - finding legal loop holes in the mine-fields of legislation
- Retirement Ages - A Very Hot Topic
- Retirement Ages - as the baby boomers start reaching these mandatory life changing ages there is more and more conflict. Some support and much opposition.
- Retirement Ages - Controversial and Illogical
- Official retirement ages were set many years ago and never revised. The result is people are disillusioned and angry at being misled
- Retirement Assisted Living – we may all be there at some time
- Retirement Assisted Living – for those people who need a little help with daily living
- Retirement Due to Ill Health – clearly explained
- Retirement Due to Ill Health is a complicated process, to be handle with patience and empathy
- Retirement Financial Planning – the critical component
- Retirement Financial Planning – it's never to late to start, as you can't be sure how long you'll live
- Retirement Help - what kind of help do you need?
- Retirement Help - retirement is changing rapidly and many different forms have evolved since traditional retirement. The help you need will depend on what retirement means to you
- Retirement Help – with a little advice from my friends
- Retirement Help – as you head off into this unknown territory a little help will ease the path
- Retirement Hobbies - let the fun begin
- Retirement Hobbies - so many things to do - so little time available.
- Retirement Investment Options - Your Simple Guide
- Your Choice of Retirement Investment Options Can Make or Break Your Finances in Retirement
- Retirement Investment Options - there are more than you think
- Retirement Investment Options - don't take chances with investing in your future
- Retirement Investment Planning - more options create more confusion
- Retirement Investment Planning - from gold bullion to paper you are faced with many options with many risks
- Retirement Investments - Make the Right Decisions for YOU
- Retirement Investments - Plan with care and attention and your portfolio growth will pay massive dividends for your efforts
- Retirement Living Community – a growing retirement trend
- Retirement Living Community - in many countries the trend is for retirees to move into these communities which offer value for money, lifestyle options, security and support
- Senior Retirement Living – A New Beginning
- Senior Retirement Living – A Lifestyle Change Which Can Be Made For Many Reasons
- Retirement Planner – Your Secret to a Successful Retirement
- Your retirement planner. People who plan win ... those that don't fail
- From a seasoned retirement planner – a balanced approach to retirem
- The best retirement planner will ensure that your retirement plan is complete and balanced. It is made up of six separate legs not just the one about having enough money.
- Retirement Planning and Goal Setting is a Winning Mix!
- The best start you can make to your retirement planning is to set goals - knowing where you want to go is a good start to getting there
- Retirement Planning Calculator – is your thinking right?
- Retirement Planning Calculator - there are many excellent computer based calculators which will be vastly improved by your unbiased thinking
- The Truth About Retirement Planning Calculators
- Retirement Planning Calculators – From the Most Simple Sums On The Back Of A Matchbox To The Most Complex Monte Carlo Computer Model
- Retirement Planning Calculators – Any Use or Not?
- Retirement Planning Calculators – another tool for planning your successful retirement
- Retirement Planning Checklist - Start Yours Plan
- Retirement Planning Checklist - the Baby Boomer countdown has begun. There are many issues to consider and even by ignoring them they won't go away.
- Retirement Planning – Have You Clearly Identified The “Rocks” in Your Life
- Retirement Planning – A Successful Retirement is All About the Right Balance of Your Priorities
- Retirement Planning for Women – more uncertain and unpredictable
- Retirement Planning for Women – lower earnings and a longer life span combine to make this planning a real challenge
- Retirement Planning Mistakes – why go through the pain?
- Retirement Planning Mistakes – we still make them after all our life experiences and lessons learnt
- Retirement Planning Program - Match Your Resources to Your Expectations
- Retirement Planning Program - A Complete Process Using all the Available Retirement Planning Tools and Resources
- Retirement Planning Specialists - experts or not?
- Retirement Planning Specialists - provide a valuable resource but never forget the responsibility for your plan is yours
- Retirement Planning Strategies – the road to success
- Retirement Planning Strategies - the key to finding your path to a successful retirement
- Retirement Planning Tool - a 10 point checklist for success
- Retirement Planning Tool - the best of the retirement planning tools. Guiding you on how to build your complete retirement plan.
- Retirement Planning Tips - some points to jog your memory
- Retirement Planning Tips - ignore them at your peril. Retirement is life ending.
- Senior Chair Exercise - the gentle exercise option
- Senior Chair Exercise - improve your quality of life by stretching and strengthening, improving metabolism, circulation, balance, energy, and mental awareness
- Senior Citizen Health Care – Facing the Big Unknown
- Senior Citizen Health Care - Preventative Health is a solution to rising health care costs
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance - the smart choice
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance - complex and expensive and growing in importance with aging populations
- Senior Fitness Exercises - be younger and fitter than your age
- Senior Fitness Exercises - feel good and enjoy your ongoing fitness journey
- Senior Living Properties - Questions to Ask About the Estate
- Senior Living Properties - there are many questions to ask the estate management before deciding to move
- Senior Living Properties - Important Questions to Ask Yourself
- Questions to ask yourself when considering a move to senior living properties
- Senior Living Properties - The Best of Both Worlds
- Senior Living Properties are available with many options. Don't limit your choice without doing your homework.
- Senior Retirement Communities - make your choice from many options
- Senior Retirement Communities - winding up or winding down your life. There are many different lifestyle alternatives on offer.
- Simple Retirement Calculator - the power of time in compounding
- Simple Retirement Calculator - the simple power of time in compounding is critical to understand in retirement financial planning
- Site Map
- Site Map
- Senior Social Networking - have fun and meet great people
- Senior Social Networking - a whole new world has been opened up by the internet
- The Best Cities to Retire Offer Many Benefits and Features
- Best Cities to Retire – there are economic and social benefits to cities who are successful in attracting the large number of retiring baby boomers
- The World's best retirement locations offer the ultimate luxury
- Retire in one of the 5 best retirement locations in the world
- Top Ten Reasons to Retire – what are yours?
- Top Ten Reasons to Retire – there may be many reasons to retire but there seem so many more not to.
- Travel Insurance for Seniors – Your Essential Guide
- Travel Insurance for Seniors is the only way you can travel worry free. Don't skimp, or neglect it today and then suffer later
- Using a Retirement Planning Calculator as the Core of Your Retirement Plan
- The best use of a retirement planning calculator is not to show how much you will have but how much you need to save to meet your retirement vision
- When Can I Retire? The eternal question
- When Can I Retire? - a rhetorical question that only you can answer
- Links to our Best Places
- Best Places Links
- 100 Day Challenge
- 100 Day Challenge - START doing the things you say you need to do. STOP doing the things you know you shouldn't be doing. MAKE monumental performance gains. CHANGE your life
- About Me
- A 1948 Baby Boomer
- Contact Me
- Contact Me
- Directory Resources
- Related Sites
- Advertising Policy
- Advertsing Policy and Guidelines
- SBI! - the right way to build an internet business
- SBI! - build your success through their C-T-P-M formula
- Simpleology - the simple art of getting things done
- Simpleology - life rewards action so take action now